It really is almost Spring now isn't it? The weather has been so unseasonably mild this year that the bulbs have been poking their heads up here for a few weeks now, and there is even blossom on the trees. One of the projects on my to-do list this Spring is tackling our utility room - of all the rooms in our house it is definitely the most neglected.
The kitchen is often considered the heart of the home, but with the unveiling of their latest kitchen appliance, launched at CES in Las Vegas earlier this month, Samsung are seeking to position the refrigerator as the hub of the home. The new Samsung Family Hub is a fridge that is much more than just a fridge. It's basically a food management system, a family communication tool and an entertainment hub too.
If you've been anywhere near a newspaper this morning you'll know that today is Blue Monday, supposedly the most depressing day of the year.
While January isn't my favourite month, over the years I've found ways of embracing this time of year - Spring is only just around the corner after all.
A few links for a lazy Sunday. Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
* * *
- Ilse Crawford's beautiful home is for sale.
- Cate Blanchett is stunning on the cover of this month's Bazaar magazine.
- I found the perfect new minimal cross body bag.
- Inside the David Mellor house.
- "Leave it to a Swedish designer to reinvent the white box" - colour inspiration from the apartment of Daniel Hecksher, an interior architect at Note Design Studio.
- Interior design trends for 2016 - designers and bloggers share their predictions.
- Interior stylist Josefin Hååg on how to create the perfect still life.
The Alpina collection is the first furniture series from Buenos Aries based design studio and workshop RIES.
With their slender lines and angular geometry the pieces seek to relate to the space they occupy not as volumes, but rather as a set of vectors and planes in the air.
The four piece collection is comprised of a chair, desk, table and shelf created from powder coated steel, metal sheet, polished copper, plywood, leather and aqua green formica.