Move in: this month's hottest properties
To kick off November I'm excited to launch a new monthly property feature on Design Hunter in which I'll be looking at some of the best homes on the market. I'll be focusing on properties that will appeal to design lovers - architectural gems and places with the kind of interior design that's fit to grace the pages of a glossy magazine. In short, homes to make you swoon.
Today's post is in collaboration with Savills who very kindly supplied details of the images and properties featured.
1. An Islington town house
'Alwyne Place' is a beautiful eighteenth century family sized house in the heart of London's Canonbury conservation area. There are four bedrooms, three reception rooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen /breakfast room arranged over four floors and a 35 ft rear garden.
- It has everything you'd expect from a fine Georgian townhouse including a large family sized kitchen and beautiful marble fireplaces.
- Many of the property's original features have been maintained and traditional cast iron column radiators have been installed.
- The stripped and painted floorboards make it feel light and airy.
3. An Art Deco seafront property in Penarth
Described by the agent as "an important house of considerable architectural merit", 'Sea Roads' is situated within a quiet, sought after road in the Victorian seaside town of Penarth. There are four reception rooms, six bedrooms, two bathrooms, a double garage and a large south facing garden.
- It's an outstanding 1930s Art Deco house in a prime seafront location.
- The large hall area features a striking Art Deco staircase lit by a full height window that curves above it and frames the sea view.
- The property was built with considerable attention to detail with a focus on high quality materials.
3. A Georgian flat in Edinburgh
'Moray Place' is a beautifully presented flat is in one of Edinburgh's most sought after addresses. Located in a handsome stone built circular terrace arranged around a tranquil private central garden, the property includes a hallway, sitting /dining room, breakfast kitchen with larder, cloakroom with wc, a master bedroom with en suite and 3 further double bedrooms.
- It's a fine example of Georgian architecture.
- There's a charming arched hallway with a barrel vaulted ceiling and elegant staircase.
- The cupola above the staircase allows lots of natural light into the property.