Shelf Life - Hannah Gooch of Ebury Home & Garden
'Shelf Life' is a feature in which I invite guest contributors, including some of my favourite designers and bloggers, to share a glimpse into their life through a photograph of a shelf in their home, studio or office containing objects that are significant to them in some way, and to then tell us about the things they've chosen. This month it's the turn of stylist and owner of Ebury Home & Garden, Hannah Gooch.
* * *
The photo was taken at home. I'm starting to embrace the darker pallet of colours around at the moment, particularly Farrow and Ball's Plummet and Down Pipe. I think they give a really cosy feel, especially now it's getting colder outside. I'm trying to be brave and use them around the house as I've always been a pale and interesting type of girl. These colours feel quite grown up and even if I'm not yet brave enough to paint a whole room in them, I'm definitely going to start on some pieces of furniture.
I've chosen a few of my favourite things for my shelf:
- A favourite photo of my son when he was 2 in an antique-style mirrored photo frame that I treated myself to for my birthday.
- One of my favourite books by Karin Meyn - it's absolutely beautiful and full of inspiring interiors and styling.
- The other book is Every Thing Design which belongs to my husband, who is a Design Director.
- The two bud vases are new to Ebury Home and will be on the website soon and the faux Ranunculus are going to form part of new new collection too, which I'm really excited about.
- Finally, there's a scented tea light candle - seriously can't get enough of these!
Based in London, Hannah runs Ebury Home and Garden, an independent online store offering a carefully curated collection of pieces united by a refined colour palette and rural influences, and reflecting her love of earthy tones and natural materials. She is also a photo shoot planner and occasional stylist.