Move in - March's property picks
This month's property picks include a spacious London loft apartment, a secluded Georgian property in the East Lothian village of Innerwick and an unusal contemporary home in the heart of Malmesbury.
* * *
1. Shepherdess Walk, London
This large (2700 sq ft), light and airy second floor loft apartment is a stylish restoration beautifully presented in monochrome and wood with black and white rugs, throws and artwork.
- Two of the walls in the main living area are occupied by enormous windows or warehouse style doors ensuring maximum daylight and ventilation.
- A large bookcase acts as a divider between different lounge areas in the main living space. Industrial style columns also help to define different 'zones'.
- The kitchen and bathroom are clean, white, harmonious and minimalist spaces.
Agent: Savills, Islington
2. Mansewood, Innerwick
This Georgian property in a secluded location in the Scottish village of Innerwick has five bedrooms, three reception rooms, three bathrooms plus a shower room, extensive storage, a self-contained annexe and a large secluded garden.
- It's a grade B listed Georgian property which dates from 1726 (with later additions in 1830).
- The palladian exterior has a central Doric portico and classic fanlight over the front door.
- The first floor of the property is accessed via an impressive sweeping stone staircase.
- A contemporary annexe with a zinc roof and extensive use of glass was added in 2008, but the overall layout and balance of the home is exceptional, retaining all the grace and elegance you might expect of a property of this era.
Agent: Savills, Edinburgh
3. Gloucester Road, Malmesbury
The hilltop market town of Malmesbury is the location for this unusual contemporary conversion. Finished to a high standard with much attention to detail, the property is accessed from the street via a private courtyard.
- Limestone floor tiles.
- Copper radiators and sinks.
- Lots of exposed original stonework
- The bespoke kitchen features granite worktops, a Villeroy & Boch sink and appliances by Miele.
Agent: Savills, Cirencester
In association with Savills