Move in: May property picks
This month's property picks include a secluded haven near Bath set in formal gardens and parkland, an iconic arts and crafts water tower in Luton with spectacular 360 degree panoramic views, and a light and spacious contemporary family home in Surrey.
* * *
1. Widcombe House, Widcombe, Bath
Widcombe House is a Grade II listed period property with contemporary interiors situated in Widcombe, a small village to the south east of Bath. Set in approximately 6 acres of formal gardens and parkland it offers 6 bedrooms, 5 reception rooms and 5 bathrooms. The grounds include a 2 bedroomed cottage and a historic dovecote.
- The property balances the modern contentedly alongside the old, exposing original stone work and beams against a striking interior.
- The ground floor has a guest suite that includes a bathroom with exposed original features and a copper bath.
- The kitchen is by Nolte Studio and includes a full range of appliances by Gaggeneau and Miele.
Agent: Savills, Bath
2. Bailey Water Tower, Luton
Bailey Water Tower is a grade II listed property that was recently converted into a unique home. Set over 6 main floors, with a further mezzanine level over the master bedroom, the property has 3 reception rooms, 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a cinema room.
- The property was originally constructed in 1900 in a bold Arts and Crafts design by Henry T Hare.
- An oak staircase rises to the impressive 'dome' shaped living room on the first floor.
- The original stone staircase runs throughout the tower.
- Sections of the flooring have been glazed to create a sense of depth.
Agent: Savills Harpenden
3. Dartnell Park Road, Surrey
This contemporary family home in West Byfleet has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and is set amidst a beautiful private garden and surrounded by mature trees.
- The light and spacious reception room features a part vaulted ceiling.
- There's a large family room with a bespoke home theatre.
- Open plan living, inter-connecting rooms and floor to ceiling windows enhance the enjoyment of the surrounding mature garden.
Agent: Savills, Weybridge
In association with Savills