Move in: this month's property picks
This month's property picks include a Victorian villa in Edinburgh with an impressive contemporary waterside extension, a grade II listed period famhouse in West Suffolk and a luxury maisonette in Holland Park.
* * *
1. Dick Place, Edinburgh
This award winning and visually stunning architect designed conversion of a Victorian villa is located in the heart of The Grange, a pleasant, leafy suburb just south of Edinburgh city centre. Combining contemporary design with period charm the property has 3 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, a kitchen dining room, 2 bathrooms and a utility room. There's also a roof terrace and a landscaped garden.
- The ornamental pond that sits alongside the property has been designed to make the property appear as if it is almost 'floating' on water.
- The original flat has been remodelled to incorporate an impressive two storey glass and stainless steel extension.
- A large south facing covered roof terrace provides the perfect space for al fresco entertaining.
Price: offers over £875,000
Agent: Savills, Edinburgh
2. New House, Sudbury
Newhouse farm is a grade II listed period farmhouse located in the small village of Poslingford in West Suffolk. The property itself has 6 bedrooms, but it's the outdoor pool, tennis courts, mature gardens, paddock, and range of outbuildings, all set in 11 acres, that add the extra appeal to this lovely country home.
- The property is believed to date from the 16th century and was originally a heavy timber framed house.
- The rendered elevations were added in the latter part of the 17th century with Queen Anne/early Georgian brickwork and tall mullioned windows under a steeply pitched tiled roof.
- The dining room has an Inglenook fireplace with a bread oven in one corner and French doors leading out onto the terrace with views over the garden.
Agent: Savills, Cambridge
3. Holland Park, London
With a garden that backs onto Holland Park Lawn Tennis Club, this raised ground and garden level maisonette has a large open plan reception, kitchen and dining room, a master bedroom suite and three further bedroom suites.
- The stunning front to back reception room and open plan kitchen dining area retains a wealth of original features including decorative cornicing and an elegant fireplace.
- Floor to ceiling bay windows give the the main living area a light and spacious feel. The room also opens directly onto the garden.
- The fixtures and fittings include a Poggenpohl kitchen with Gaggennau appliances, Poliform wardrobes, Sonos Sound System and under floor heating.
Agent: Savills, Notting Hill
in association with Savills