Move in: August property picks
This month's property picks include a riverside family house in Chiswick, a modernist style house in Kent and a Regency town house in Cheltenham.
* * *
1. Riverside Lodge, Chiswick
This architect designed five bedroom modern semi-detached house overlooks the Thames in Chiswick. Generously configured, it is arranged over five floors, and has five bedrooms, four reception rooms and six bathrooms.
- There's a generous amount of outside space - terraced gardens at the front and a first floor terrace accessed via the kitchen that provides an ideal space for entertaining.
- There are wonderful views out over the river from the master bedroom balcony.
- The kitchen was designed and made by Bulthaup.
Agent: Savills Chiswick
2. Old Chelsfield, Kent
Completed in 2007, this contemporary modernist style house was designed by award-winning architect Richard Reid. While the front facade is regular and formal, the rear has a series a series of strategically placed verandahs designed to take account of the views beyond and allow the sun to be enjoyed throughout the day. The property has four reception rooms, six bedrooms and a large south facing garden.
- The property is entered at first floor level across a canopied footbridge. The entrance opens onto a double height hall and dining area with compelling views through to the garden and beyond.
- The triple aspect drawing room features American oak flooring, which flows into two separate verandas allowing you to choose between full sunlight or shade.
- There's a heated swimming pool set in an elevated position with a terrace and hot tub area.
Agent: Savills Locksbottom
3. Lansdown Terrace, Cheltenham
Cheltenham is renowned for its beautiful Regency town houses, but they don't come much finer than this. Located in Lansdown Terrace, just a short walk from the town's fashionable Montpellier district (see our recent Design Hunter guide to Cheltenham), the property has been extensively restored and renovated but retains many lovely period features. There are five reception rooms, a large kitchen/breakfast room, five bedrooms and three bath/shower rooms.
- Period features include fine ceiling moulding, exquisite marble fireplaces, deep skirting boards and floor to ceiling windows.
- The elegant first floor drawing room has both open and covered balconies accessed via full length sash windows.
- The master bedroom has a stunning en suite complete with free standing bath and chandelier.
Agent: Savills Cheltenham
In association with Savills.