The May Design Series 2014
Consisting of five sectors - DX, The Furniture Show, Decor, Lighting and Kitchen and Bathroom - the show will feature products for every space from 400 edited UK and International suppliers, including PP Mobler (above), Hitch Mylius, Innermost, Ebb and Flow, and Doca.
As well as being home to the show's feature areas and seminar theatre, DX will showcase unique, innovative, high-design signature pieces produced in the newest materials with the latest technology.
DX Freight, one of the highlight's of last year's show, makes a welcome return with a selection of 60 of the best products from the 2014 European Design Show Season. Highlights from Milan, Paris, Frankfurt and Cologne, curated by Telegraph Luxury, Architonic, Blueprint and Mondo arc, will be presented in four specially designed freight crates.
This year, DX Freight will host a display of 60 of the best products from the international show circuit in four specially designed rectangular crates, open at both ends for ease of visitor viewing. Products will include highlights from across a selection of shows including Maison et Objet Paris; IMM Cologne; Light & Build; Frankfurt and iSaloni, Milan - See more at: http://www.maydesignseries.com/Content/DX-Freight-return-to-May-Design-Series#sthash.gmXw7FNY.dpuf
The Furniture Show
The Furniture Show is set to replace Interiors UK, which previously took place at the NEC in Birmingham, and will include a range of both contemporary and classic products. It will also include The Fabric Pavilion - an area dedicated to showcasing luxurious fabrics.
New for 2014, the Decor sector will feature a wide range of decorative accessories including wall art, cushions, tabletop items, sculpture and mirrors.
DocaKitchen & Bathroom
The Kitchen and Bathroom section will include a selection of leading industry names showcasing the latest innovative products for those looking to source and specify for kitchen, bedroom and bathroom projects.
Ebb and FlowLighting
Organised in partnership with leading industry publications, mondo*arc and darc, the Lighting section will feature creative architectural and decorative lighting and control solutions for the retail, hospitality, residential and commercial sectors.
Feature areas, events and highlights of the show include:
- Material Experience on tour - a look ahead at the materials that will be shaping the world in the years to come.
- The Conversation Series - a series of thought provoking debates with leading industry figures.
- A collaboration with Out of the Dark, (building on the success of their previous projects at Interiors UK).
- A showcase of success stories from the last ten years of the New Design Britain Awards.
- Musicity - an invitation to see household products in a new light through a unique audio experience.
- Visitors will be invited to see these products in a new light through a totally new audio experience that captures the essence of each product and creates an experience that not only demonstrates each product’s functionality and design, but also celebrates the wonderful sounds it makes - See more at: http://www.maydesignseries.com/Content/Musicity#sthash.uz3yPrSG.dpuf
- Designers with Light - a free to attend conference for architects and designers who work with light.
The exhibition space will be curated by Ab Rogers, who will also be designing the show entrance, DX Bar and Conversation Series area.
Organised in partnership with the leading industry publications, mondo*arc and darc. - See more at: http://www.maydesignseries.com/Content/Lighting/4_8/#sthash.RbkrO45x.dpuf
You can register for the event here.